Re: how to reply to mailing list address by default?

On 2005-07-20 17:07:37 -0400, Mark E. Mallett wrote:

> now that I realize that, I'll be adding it to my incoming
> mutt-users messages if it's not already set to something.

Don't do that... Mail-Followup-To works well when it's under the
control of a message's sender -- for instance, it's a way of saying
"please don't send me a copy when responding" (Mail-Followup-To:
list), or of saying "I'd like a separate copy" (no MFT header), or
of saying "Please copy these people, I think they would like a
separate response" (MFT: list, some people).

If you modify the header on incoming messages, or when it's added by
mailing list software, then this kind of expressivity is taken away
from message authors.  And that's a bad thing.

(Oh, and the right function to use for replies to mailing list
messages is really group-reply, with $honor_followup_to set. ;-)

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.