Re: fcc-hook oddness

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 06:30:43PM +0200, Christoph Berg quoth:
> Re: Kyle Wheeler in <20041012003534.GA9125@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > What about "send-hook ~l 'unset record'"?
> >
> > Unless I'm wrong (and hey, if I am, great!), that goes a little too far,
> > because it unsets the record in general, requiring a "send-hook .
> > record=blah" kind of command, where I'm unsure how it interacts with
> > other fcc- and fcc-save-hooks. What is the precedence of that sort of
> > thing?
>
> Uhm, that should have been 'unset copy'... (And as Patrick pointed
> out, you'll need a default send-hook to reset it for other messages.)

If I unset copy... how do I know that it's actually worked? I did a
little experimenting, and when I have the following two hooks:

        send-hook . 'set copy="yes"'
        send-hook ~l 'set copy="no"' # or unset copy

Then in the send menu, Fcc is still set to =Sent, and looks for all the
world like it's gonna save a copy of my message, whereas these:

        send-hook . 'set record="=Sent"'
        send-hook ~l 'set record='

make the Fcc blank, giving me the impression that it's not going to save
a copy of the mail anywhere.

What's the benefit of using 'unset copy' ?

~Kyle

--
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed
to do.