fcc-hook oddness

So, here's what I want to be able to do: I want to tell mutt "if I'm
sending a message to one of my usual mailing lists, don't keep a copy of
the sent message, because I'm just going to get another copy from the
list"

The way I *thought* would be a good way to do it was to create an
fcc-hook like so:

        fcc-hook ~l ''

As in: for mailing lists, do not FCC the message to anyplace at all (the
funcional equivalent of hitting f<del><cr> at the send menu). This,
however, does not work.

My replacement idea, which seems to me to be somehow less elegant (mutt
would be wasting effort to do as it is told) is the following:

        fcc-hook ~l /dev/null

This works as intended... but must I FCC to someplace? Is there a better
way of doing this? Is this the optimal method?

~Kyle
--
All men dream; but not equally.
-- T. F. Lawrence (of Arabia)