Re: Header-Cache problem with cache size

Hello,

just for the records. Both, the filedescriptor leak and the
hcache-per-folder are in the next Debian upload of mutt. Dato takes care
over this. - Thnx! :-)

* René Clerc <rene@xxxxxxxx> [040924 21:34]:
> Thomas already implemented the per folder caching.  Putting them in
> /tmp is not a good idea;  /tmp is for temporary files, and I consider
> my cache *not* temporaroy.  Often, cron scripts delete files in /tmp.

It depends on the view. I see it in a different way, but everyone has
she/he likes:

putting the files in /tmp has for me the following advantages:

        - my /tmp is on tmpfs (swap + RAM) which speeds it up.

        - /tmp is cleaned up from time to time. I don't have a problem
          with this, because it kills stale entries and mutt recreates
          the files if necessary anyway. Of course this impiles that I
          read my mail only on one machine.

What René said is of course also true, if he likes to have the hcache
permanent, which makes sense if you wait a huge amount of time to open it
up without hcache. Putting the hcache in a NFS home could also make
sense.

Honestly,
        Thomas