Re: Header-Cache problem with cache size

Am 2004-09-20 18:15:30, schrieb Thomas Glanzmann:
> Hello Michaelle,

>       - set maildir_header_cache_verify=yes
>               this makes it unneccesary slow especially when using
>               NFS. See my website[1] for details. Use
>
>                  unset maildir_header_cache_verify
>
>               instead.

OK

>       - The Cache file in /tmp is more then 200 MBytes big
>               200Mbyte cache is way to big. I made a patch ready which
>               introduces a per folder hcache file. Maybe I should
>               include this upstream. - I am going to discuss that with
>               dato. You can find the patch at[2].

Is there not a better solution ?

First, The $USER must setup the cache-file by it self...

So one suggestion:

Why not create, like mc and other programs, a folder in /tmp like

/tmp/mutt-michelle/

and put there cachefiles by Folder and not by a whole session ?

My mutt is open since 8 days, which mean, since I have rebooted
my computer. And if a $USER put the cache-file in it $HOME and
this $HOME is local, not nfs they will curently run into problems
like me.

1)  By shutdown of 'mutt', the lock-file
    and the cache-file are not deleted.

2)  after restarting 'mutt' it use the old lock-file and
    cache-file and fill up the $USER $HOME directory.

> 8000 messages need usally 4.5Mbyte of hcache. You can imagine the
> overhead when search for 8000 messages in a 200Mbyte++ file.

I know, this is, why I have the idea for "cache files by folder"

> Honestly,
>       Thomas

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi