Re: Header-Cache problem with cache size

Hello Michaelle,

> The older version of mutt, without Header-Cache was really fast...
> Around 5 Seconds to get the Maildir.  I was thinking, it is faster now
> :-(

two problems:

        - set maildir_header_cache_verify=yes
                this makes it unneccesary slow especially when using
                NFS. See my website[1] for details. Use

                   unset maildir_header_cache_verify

                instead.

        - The Cache file in /tmp is more then 200 MBytes big
                200Mbyte cache is way to big. I made a patch ready which
                introduces a per folder hcache file. Maybe I should
                include this upstream. - I am going to discuss that with
                dato. You can find the patch at[2].

> like the linux-kernel with 8000 messages requires more the 35 seconds.

8000 messages need usally 4.5Mbyte of hcache. You can imagine the
overhead when search for 8000 messages in a 200Mbyte++ file.

Honestly,
        Thomas

[1] http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/mutt/
[2]