Re: Number of messages in a thread

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 09:50:23 +0200, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> Is there a way I can display like this:
>
>> for 2 messages in a thread display (2)
>> for 1 message in a thread display nothing
>
> ?%?M?(%M) ?
>
> see manual.txt for explenations
>
>> Also how do I put different color than default for message with
>> threads?

## For collapsed threads
> color index red default ~v
>
> For all others you need a patch AFAIK. Don't know which one, but someone
> will come up with a solution.

A good one is this patch:

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/mutt/#deepif
: If-else sequences in format strings give menu displays a way of varying the
: format conditionally. For example:
: %?M?<%2M>&%4c?
: This index_format checks whether a thread is collapsed. If it is,
: and at least one message is hidden from view, it will expand to
: <%2M> -- the number of hidden messages. Otherwise, it expands to
: %4c, the message size.
:
: What if you want a three-way condition, though -- "if A, then X;
: else, if B, then Y; else, if C, then Z"? Mutt doesn't allow that
: until you apply this patch.

So an answer to the original question may be

(of course only after applying the above mentioned patch ;-)

Best regards

--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
CT IC CERT, Siemens CERT     | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166