Re: [mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Alter egos]

On Thursday  9 September at  3:21am, Nicolas Rachinsky had this to say:

> Hm. You want to switch to your school role with <f9> and switch back
> by starting to send a mail?

Not exactly.  What I *really* want is for Mutt to "forget" a variable
that I've just set, because I only want the settings to persist for
one email.  Using 'send' and 'abort' in the compose menu to trigger
the forgetting was the closest I could come.

The system worked like a charm for a month, because I never
encountered the use case that I presented in my original mail.  But
I'm coming up against the reality that there is this one case in which
a message ends--neither sent nor aborted in the compose context--that
can't trigger my forgetting mechanism.

--

Matthew M Davis
<mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>