Re: S-Lang, FreeBSD, <home> / <end> key bindings problem

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 06:06:13PM +0200, Udo Schweigert wrote:
> > I'm guessing that you don't really support the port (as a user would
> > expect), but are simply hacking at things.
>
> Seems guessing is the only thing you really are able to do.

Well, if you support the port, then what is the solution?

The fact is, the user has a problem with the new port.  It works fine
with the old port, as it should.  It works with the new port, if the
user manually compiles against ncurses, as it should.  However when
compiling the default, something which should work does not.  Hence,
the port is broken.  The fact that it is not broken for everyone,
contrary to popular belief, does not mean it isn't broken...

I also think Thomas's suggestion of termcap vs. terminfo entries being
out of sync is a good place to start looking.

So, to Andy:  What kind of terminal/emulator are you using, and what
are your settings for the TERM variable?  Do you have any other
related variables set in your environment, such as TERMCAP or
TERMINFO, etc.?

If you want to look at the termcap entries yourself, look at
/etc/termcap, and also look at the man pages for infotocap and/or tic
and tack.  You can use these commands to manipulate terminfo entries.

-=-=-=-=-