Re: S-Lang, FreeBSD, <home> / <end> key bindings problem

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 10:30:53 -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Andy Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Once again since upgrading to the latest mutt-dev FreeBSD port I
>> find myself having key binding problems.
>>
>> I notice that teh latest mutt-dev port now uses S-Lang by default so
>
> yes - port maintainers have whims.  Some of them test things before
> introducing changes, while others just do it.

Come on, the only change was to the default of the port - it now uses slang
instead of ncurses, as almost all people are in favorite of using slang. If a
user has problems with slang he only has to compile it with WITH_MUTT_NCURSES
(the best is to put that into /etc/make.conf) and that's it.

My test-script for the mutt-devel port takes approximately one hour to complete
testing all the different knobs, and of course I test a change in my
environment before submitting it.

So: because one user is complaining you guess that I don't do testing ...

--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
CT IC CERT, Siemens CERT     | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166