Re: S-Lang, FreeBSD, <home> / <end> key bindings problem

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 13:29:39 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Once again since upgrading to the latest mutt-dev FreeBSD port I
> find myself having key binding problems.
>
> I notice that teh latest mutt-dev port now uses S-Lang by default so
> I have gone along with that, and after a bit of tweaking did get my
> colours to work properly again, but I still can't work out what's
> gone wrong with my key bindings.

> Anyone have any ideas or should I go back to using mutt with
> ncurses?

Why don't you go back to using ncurses, if it's working for you.
Simply add "WITH_MUTT_NCURSES=yes" to /etc/make.conf and rebuild the port.

Most FreeBSD mutt users (-stable and -devel) prefer using slang (as do I),
but there are a very few who prefer ncurses, because of unusal key- and
color-bindings. As FreeBSD has established the POLA (principle of least
astonishment) the default is what most people want.

Best regards

--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
CT IC CERT, Siemens CERT     | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166