Re: S-Lang, FreeBSD, <home> / <end> key bindings problem

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 04:55:10PM +0200, Udo Schweigert wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 13:29:39 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Once again since upgrading to the latest mutt-dev FreeBSD port I
> > find myself having key binding problems.

[...]

> > Anyone have any ideas or should I go back to using mutt with
> > ncurses?
>
> Why don't you go back to using ncurses, if it's working for you.
> Simply add "WITH_MUTT_NCURSES=yes" to /etc/make.conf and rebuild the port.

Um, I will if I have to.  I'm perfectly capable of reading
/usr/src/UPDATING to see that the default changed to slang and how
to change it back if I need to.

> Most FreeBSD mutt users (-stable and -devel) prefer using slang (as do I),
> but there are a very few who prefer ncurses, because of unusal key- and
> color-bindings. As FreeBSD has established the POLA (principle of least
> astonishment) the default is what most people want.

And I would want it too if I knew how to configure key bindings to
make it work again, hence me asking.  I don't care which it is
compiled with as long as it works so if slang is the default I'd
rather use that as I would have expected it to be better supported
and tested.

Sorry if I inconvenienced you by letting you know of this problem I
was having.  It was not intended to be a complaint about the FreeBSD
port, or its switch to slang.  I read UPDATING so I knew what to
expect.

Thanks for the reply anyway.  For now I am using mutt with ncurses
again and am able to bind keys again as I expect..