Re: locale problem

* Derek Martin <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-08-2004 14:00]:
> Well, there clearly is SOMETHING wrong with your configuration, though
> I'm not sure where to look...  Originally those characters appeared as
> garbage to me.  I looked at your message carefully, and saw that the
> body was attached as a text/plain, quoted printable, iso-8859-1
> encoded attachment.  But you said your locale was set to a UTF-8
> locale, so iso-8859-1 is clearly wrong (unless it was converted
> properly by iconv, by way of send_charset).  I manually changed the
> encoding to UTF-8, and the characters were then shown properly.
> Probably your send-charset needs to be fixed, at the least.

Hi. Sorry for taking so much to respond.
I have tried some configurations here, and there are some messages where
it always fail. Messages sent by myself are ok.
I tried to rename my .muttrc, and the problem persists.
I think it's something I must set, and not something that's already
wrong on mutt's part, at least.
I know this is a mutt list, but there should be a way to convert all
incoming mail to utf-8 using a procmail recipe (along with 'recode'),
but I don't know if it's a bad idea.

When I start gnome-terminal, LANG is set to en_US.UTF-8.
Just to show that it isn't mutt-specific, there is a script I copied
from a iso8859-1 machine, and when I run it, I don't see the accented
characters (they are printed out). If I invoke it in vim, I see them
properly.

What are the relevant mutt settings? Do you have any idea where I should
start looking for info?

Thanks

--
Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora          | Email: bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx
Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477