Re: locale problem

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 01:26:00PM +0000, Bruno Lustosa wrote:
> Fonts are working, if I type for example:
>
> ç ã é Ç
>
> They appear to me correctly (c-cedilla, a-tilde, e-acute, C-cedilla).
> It's just mutt that isn't showing them.

Well, there clearly is SOMETHING wrong with your configuration, though
I'm not sure where to look...  Originally those characters appeared as
garbage to me.  I looked at your message carefully, and saw that the
body was attached as a text/plain, quoted printable, iso-8859-1
encoded attachment.  But you said your locale was set to a UTF-8
locale, so iso-8859-1 is clearly wrong (unless it was converted
properly by iconv, by way of send_charset).  I manually changed the
encoding to UTF-8, and the characters were then shown properly.
Probably your send-charset needs to be fixed, at the least.

On the receiving end, it must be a mismatch of locales and charsets
somewhre, causing iconv to emit the wrong character codes, or
something similar.  When you start gnome-terminal, is your locale
already set to a UTF-8 locale, or do you change it after the fact?
What are the relevant parts of your .muttrc?

-=-=-=-=-