Re: locale problem

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:01:57AM +0000, Bruno Lustosa wrote:
> What should I set mutt's charset to? It's currently set to
> "iso-8859-1".  I live in Brazil, and receive loads of accented
> messages.  I checked some messages I received, and it seems to
> define its charset fine using a "content-type" header.  However,
> accented characters show as a "?" in the index view, and show as
> "\341" (for example) on the pager view.  Outgoing messages seem to
> be working fine (no one complained as far).

This could be a font problem...  The font you're using in
gnome-terminal may not contain the glyphs for the characters which
you're trying to display.  You might try experimenting with your fonts
to see if it helps, though I can't really offer you any usable advice
about which specific settings to try...

-=-=-=-=-