encrypted mboxes

hey, i was wondering if anyone knew of a patch or something that allows
users to read/write encrypted mboxes.  we have a network home directory
at work and it is rather unsecure.  i don't want people easily reading my
personal mail so i was thinking about writing a quick patch (or scripts)
that allow for this.  has this already been done?

i searched around but everything seems to deal with gpg for sending
receiving email, not storing a whole mbox of previously unencrypted
emails. (yes, i know it's possible for people with access to the email
server to snoop all email traffic that goes through, but there's no
remedy for that with unencrypted email... the encrypted mbox patch would
only make it more difficult for someone to read my unencrypted email
that is stored)

thanks a bunch,
--
//  ste\/e || 0x44288D05 //