Re: Security issue / bad UI design in mutt CVS (encryption options)

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:04:49AM +0200 or thereabouts, Magnus Therning wrote:
> The mutt version in Debian Sarge (Unstable) is 1.5.6.
>
> I used to be somewhat irritated with the previous behaviour of this menu
> (in 1.4), since switching from sign-and-encrypt to sign-only required
> two actions. I was quite pleased with the behaviour in 1.5 since it now
> toggles, at least I was pleased until I read the mail below.
>
> I have to say I agree 100% percent with Derek. The menu should be made
> clearer. Thinking back I found out about the new behaviour by mistake, I
> was *lucky* to notice that the buttons now toggled rather than just
> turning it on. I would be in favour of having the following menu
> (almost straight copy from below, (c)lear rather then (f)orget):

Actually, I found it rather intutitive and I recently learned how to use GPG
with
mutt. I don't know how hard it is really to figure out that it's toggable, if
you have the e-mail in front of you displaying the GPG encrytion header.

So, I would ask the developers NOT to change this behaviour. It's prefectly
acceptable as is IMHO. This is hardly a security issue in my view!

BTW, please trim your attributions in the future, and please don't top post.

--
S.Allen
barnyard  Friday Aug 06 2004 10:10:01 AM EDT