Re: Security issue / bad UI design in mutt CVS (encryption options)

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:04:49AM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
> I have to say I agree 100% percent with Derek.

Thanks.  Finally I feel like I'm not the only one who thinks so...
For a lon time (2+years) I've been advocating this change with no
feedback from anyone.  I was starting to think there was something
wrong with /me/...  [Well, that's probably still true... ;-)]

>   (e) ONLY encrypt the message (i.e. change the options to only
>       encrypt, regardless of what they currently are).
>   (s) ONLY sign the message, regardless of current options.
>   (a) change the key with which to sign, adding the sign option if
>       necessary
>   (b) do both, regardless of current options
>   (i) toggle in-line attachments (but change menu to indicate toggle)
>   (c) clear the encryption options

FWIW, I have a patch on my website which provides exactly this, and
applies to all previous releases of Mutt.  Recent code in CVS seems to
have changed the way this is handled, completely breaking my patch.
If the debian version of mutt is from the 1.5.6 release, I believe
there'sa version of the patch which will apply to it.  If it's from
CVS, it probably won't work.

  http://www.pizzashack.org/mutt

-=-=-=-=-