Re: contact managers and updates (was "Re: Signature formatting")

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 08:45:24AM EST, David T-G wrote:
> ...and then David Yitzchak Cohen said...
> % On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 12:55:28AM EST, steVe wrote:

> % > just for clarity, are you suggesting that your address book will have
> % > a personalized sig entry for each entry in the db?
> %
> % not necessarily, but the RC file generated will :-)
>
> Speaking of rc files, you should be sure that your util has the ability
> to generate an 'interim' rc file to bring things up to date without
> quitting and restarting mutt.  I have some group fcc-save-hook entries
> like
>
>   fcc-save-hook (a|b|c(rap)?|d...) =D.oaks/%_%O
>
> which don't seem to be updated when I reload my .muttrc from within a
> running mutt.  What a pain :-(

I think it has to do with the fact that fcc-save-hooks matter only for
the first one that matches.  In other words, you've gotta unhook the old
version before you hook a new version.  My RC setup unhooks everything
at the start, so I never have problems reloading configs (except colors,
which Mutt simply can't undo).

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel