Re: Is mutt secure enough?

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Mark Frank wrote:

> * On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 05:40:54AM +0530 Mutt-user wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, jacob[at]buildtheb0x.com wrote:
> > This might be a good idea since I'm the only one using this puter, and
> > your assumtion was correct, sorry if I caused any confusion. Actually I
> > have a bash script that runs the whole command ... I have 3 scripts, one
> > for each account. Now, I'm relaxed knowing that the isp guys or anyone in
> > the middle can't get the password so easily.
>
> The ISP guys who have root privilege and can read any of your email any
> time they want and the people in the middle who saw your email traverse
> the whole Internet unencrypted before it got to your mail server?
>
> If your email is as interesting to strangers as mine is, I doubt anyone
> will bother.

Sometimes it is interesting and those emails I wouldn't like the isp
guys to read ... but well, I said it's possible too but not easy. Do you
mean it's easy for the isp guys to read the passwords and ssl emails too?
I mean this small isp who has some windoze guys as admins?

My emails are not at the isp server, btw, the email server is far away and
in trusting hands! Would you mind explaining a bit more clearly please?

Thanks

It is good for a person to earn money for his
needs. It is hunger for wealth that is bad.