Re: Extracting GPG keys from emails

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 11:13:48AM -0500, Rikard E. Grafstroem wrote:
> Ok, so I'm trying to figure out how to extract public keys from
> emails and include them in my key ring.
>
> I have put the standard gpg configuration file that comes with
> the mutt distribution in my .muttrc. So with every signed email
> I receive I get the message that the signature can't be checked,
> 'cause the public key wasn't found.
>
> I use ^K in an attempt to extract the key, and every time I seem
> to get this message :
>
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> gpg: Total number processed: 0
>

> Any ideas?
> --Rikard

Hi,
i think you didn't configured well you gnu gpg. you should let gpg
get public keys automatically. So look in your ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf and
make you sure those lines are uncommented and configured properly.

For example:

# for setting keyserver
keyserver hkp://www.keyserver.net

# THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED FOR GETTING public keys automatically
keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

Bye