Re: .configure parameters, was: I DON'T have new mail

Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> I do not understand what the difference is unless it's the system.
> I am running SUSE 9.0 and I find the ./configure parameters
> previously used in the 7th line of the config.log.  I also find it
> in the config.status file but have to search for it as it is not
> near the top of the file.

I'm guessing it's that I'm using much older versions of the
auto{conf,make} tools than what you've got.  I have redhat 7.3 here.

> I also believe that using the config.status file is to generate
> another identical config of the same issue.  I don't believe that
> you could use it for 1.5.5.2 or 1.5.6.

That's probably true if you were to try and run config.status
directly.  But it would be handy to use to get the options you passed
to ./configure for the last build.  Looks that that info is now better
accessed from config.log, when using more recent auto* tools.

Sorry to confuse things here with my aging setup.  :)

Reason obeys itself; and ignorance does whatever is dictated to it.
    -- Thomas Paine