Re: selecting : white spaces at then end of body lines

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 04:38:06PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> > BTW - There's no real need to CC me.  I'm subscribed to the list ;-P
>
> I forget this about once a week...

Really?  I thought it'd be a little harder for anybody here to forget said
fact (except the multitude that probably procmail(8)s me to /dev/null(4),
of course) ... I guess I need to post a tad more often, eh? ;-P

> > Oh, so the assumption is that the Linux console is optimized for back
> > color erase, I take it?
>
> yes.  And screen was originally written to model a DEC terminal that
> didn't do that.  The bce option is only a couple of years old.

Oh, so that'd explain why the xterm mouse screws up its copy/paste.

Thanks again,
 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel