Re: selecting : white spaces at then end of body lines

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 01:32:40PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, benoit wrote:
> > Message de David Yitzchak Cohen, le samedi 27 décembre :

> > > Can you provide a test message?  I tried using copy/paste from your
> > > message, and lines ended correctly.  What are you using to copy/paste,
> > > anyway?  I'm using GNU Screen 3.9.15, FWIW.
> >

> > you're right, it's not a mutt-related problem.
> > for each mail opened in the pager, the body lines are padded with white
> > spaces, when using screen (4.00.01 (FAU) 18-Sep-03)
> >
> > without screen, it's fine. with screen, i can still pipe the mail to
> > less : there's no spaces.
>
> It's because of the way xterm (and similar programs) store the text which
> can be selected.  If you setup screen to use the back-color-erase (bce)
> configuration, the problem goes away.

Um, I don't know.  My GNU Screen config is pretty standard, and when I use
"$" within the copy mode, it goes to the end of the printed line, rather
than some distance past the last character.  I don't recall anything
about back-color-erase.  (My GNU Screen is installed from source with
very little customization, not some prepackaged distro.)

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel