Re: How to change From: and other headers according to language

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 08:36:16AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * David Yitzchak Cohen <lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-05-03 05:54]:
> > On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:19:56PM +0100, René Clerc wrote:
> > > * David Yitzchak Cohen <lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-12-2003
> > > 12:16]:

> > > Read the manual.
> >
> > http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-4.html#ss4.4
> >
> > That area lists nothing called a reply-hook.  Would somebody care to
> > point me to the section in the manual that mentions reply-hook?  I
> > _still_ can't find it anywhere (and the manual isn't a single web page,
> > making it difficult to search).
> >
> > Thanks for being useless,
>
> See you are being yourself (not a plus):

I'm really not exactly in the mood for starting up a flame war here
today ... sorry, dude ... how's tomorrow sound?

> 3.17.  Change settings based upon message recipients
>
> Usage: reply-hook [!]pattern command Usage: send-hook [!]pattern
> command
>
> These commands can be used to execute arbitrary configuration commands
> based upon recipients of the message.  pattern is a regular expression
> matching the desired address.  command is executed when regexp matches
> recipients of the message.
>
> reply-hook is matched against the message you are replying to, instead of
> the message you are sending.  send-hook is matched against all messages,
> both new and replies.  Note: reply-hooks are matched before the
> send-hook, regardless of the order specified in the users's configuration
> file.

Oooh ... I like. . .

> For each type of send-hook or reply-hook, When multiple matches occur,
> commands are executed in the order they are specified in the muttrc (for
> that type of hook).

bleaugh >:{

> See `Message Matching in Hooks'' for information on the exact format of
> pattern.
>
> Example: send-hook mutt "set mime_forward signature=''"
>
> Another typical use for this command is to change the values of the
> `$attribution'', `$signature'' and `$locale'' variables in order to
> change the language of the attributions and signatures based upon the
> recipients.
>
> Note: the send-hook's are only executed ONCE after getting the initial

eh, a buglet in them docs ... no fun. . .

> list of recipients.  Adding a recipient after replying or editing the
> message will NOT cause any send-hook to be executed.  Also note that
> my_hdr commands which modify recipient headers, or the message's subject,
> don't have any effect on the current message when executed from a
> send-hook.

Where is the tidbit about modifying from and realname?  Weird. . .

Anyway, I had no way of guessing that my locally installed docs would
be more up-to-date than the online version.  Most programs these days
tell you in the docs to look online for up-to-date versions.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel