Re: Maildir question

David T-G <davidtg-muttusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> %
> % Quoting the last part of the document at the above URL:
> %
> %     "Can a maildir contain more than tmp, new, cur?
> %
> %     Yes:
> %
> %     .qmail: used to do direct deliveries with qmail-local.
> %     bulletintime: empty file, used by system-wide bulletin programs.
> %     bulletinlock: empty file, used by system-wide bulletin programs.
> %     seriallock: empty file, used to serialize AutoTURN."
>
> Exactly.
>
> % I interpret this part of the Maildir spec as to not denying nested
> % Maildirs. Re-reading the spec in full confirms that, IMHO.
>
> I don't see that; I see a list of exactly what is allowed in the Maildir,
> and anything not listed is not allowed.
>
> Only Dan can really answer authoritatively, though (although he may
> have already; I didn't ask on the qmail list), so it's not much worth
> discussing.

djb has stated that the above is a complete list of what a maildir may
contain; nothing else is allowed.  I investigated this at some length when
creating the example implementation of the BikINI protocol server (now in
mothballs).

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:     http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/software/