Re: Maildir question

Chris, et al --

...and then David T-G said...
%
% ...and then Chris Green said...
% %
% % There seem to be two ways to implement a directory hierarchy in a
% % maildir environment:-
%
% Yep.  The "right" way is to have only {cur,new,tmp} dirs in your maildir
% and no others, even though at least some imapd programs have "enhanced"
% or "extended" the spec and put more maildirs under a top one.

I forgot to mention that my choice would be something like

  home/
    davidtg/
      Mail/
        lists/
          mutt/
            mutt-users/
            mutt-dev/
          nix/
            suse/
              suse/
              suse-linux-e/
        family/
          dad/
            dad/
            dad-boats/
          mom/
            mom/
            mom-ballet/

and so on where you can have a directory structure (instead of the dot
thing, which is just an imapd way of separating directories) and yet not
pollute each maildir (above: mutt-users, mutt-dev, suse, suse-linux-e,
dad, dad-boats, mom, mom-ballet).  I *could* have family/dad/ as a
maildir with dad-boats/ under that, but it's wrong.  See

  http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html

for the full spec.

HTH & HAND

:-D