Re: xemacs, color, mail headers....

At 12:44 PM PST on November 20 Allister MacLeod sent off:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:34:36PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> > so, as I was s3lowly figuring out myself, the (mail-text) is hte
> > issue.  Any idea what I should replace it with?  I know zilch about
> > lisp, but I imagine there are plenty of people here who use xemacs,
> > like to be able to edit their headers, but prefer to start with the
> > cursor at the top of the mail text, not the headers.  Any suggestions?

post-mode can put the cursor at the start of the body when loading a message.

http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/mutt/

I don't use xemacs, but it is intended for use with a variety of different
emacses, and AFAIK it mostly succeeds.

> Well probably rather than replacing it, you should find or create an
> implementation for it that works in XEmacs.  I'm guessing it's
> probably a part of mutt-mode.  So, first of all make sure mutt-mode is
> properly installed for XEmacs.

There's a mutt-mode?