Re: xemacs, color, mail headers....

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:34:36PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:13:48PM -0500, Allister MacLeod wrote:
> > As far as I can tell, except for (mail-text), the elisp is pretty
> > straightforward and standard, and should work equally well in both GNU
> > Emacs and XEmacs.
> so, as I was s3lowly figuring out myself, the (mail-text) is hte
> issue.  Any idea what I should replace it with?  I know zilch about
> lisp, but I imagine there are plenty of people here who use xemacs,
> like to be able to edit their headers, but prefer to start with the
> cursor at the top of the mail text, not the headers.  Any suggestions?

Well probably rather than replacing it, you should find or create an
implementation for it that works in XEmacs.  I'm guessing it's
probably a part of mutt-mode.  So, first of all make sure mutt-mode is
properly installed for XEmacs.  Then, see if it provides the mail-text
function, and if so, whether it's supposed to work under XEmacs.  If
not, you may have to roll your own.  There actually should be some
good code to start from in one of the recent threads about using Mutt
with Emacs.

Ciao,
 Allister

--