Re: xemacs, color, mail headers....

On Thu, Nov 20 2003 at 06:44:34PM BRST, Allister MacLeod <amacleod@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:34:36PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:13:48PM -0500, Allister MacLeod wrote:
> > > As far as I can tell, except for (mail-text), the elisp is pretty
> > > straightforward and standard, and should work equally well in both GNU
> > > Emacs and XEmacs.
> > so, as I was s3lowly figuring out myself, the (mail-text) is hte
> > issue.  Any idea what I should replace it with?  I know zilch about
> > lisp, but I imagine there are plenty of people here who use xemacs,
> > like to be able to edit their headers, but prefer to start with the
> > cursor at the top of the mail text, not the headers.  Any suggestions?
>
> Well probably rather than replacing it, you should find or create an
> implementation for it that works in XEmacs.

        Hang on, there is a "mail-text" in xemacs' mail-mode (bound to C-c
C-t, as xemacs tell me). I've just tried it, it works fine as long as you're
in mail-mode.

        Having said that, I wrote the following function:

(defun goto-first-empty-line ()
  "Move cursor to first empty line"
  (interactive)
  (while (progn
           (forward-line 1)
           (not (looking-at "^$")))))

        which should take you past the headers. But, again, there *is* a
mailt-text function in mail-mode.

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>