Re: xemacs, color, mail headers....

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 04:20:44PM -0200, Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20 2003 at 03:26:26PM BRST, Matt Price <matt.price@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > (defun axels-mail-mode-hook ()
     ... a few more funcalls ...
> > (setq make-backup-files nil) ;;; No backups necessary. )
+----------------------------------------------------------^
+-- should be on a new line by itself (as it is in the version at
"Axel's Mutt Page") http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~abe/mutt/

> > (or (assoc "mutt-"
> > auto-mode-alist)
> > (setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("mutt-" . mail-mode)
> > auto-mode-alist)))
>         you call mail-mode here, but it's inside the hook! The hook has to
> be executed in the first place for this to be called, it seems a bit out of
> place.

So.. the OR form here is actually outside of AXELS-MAIL-MODE-HOOK.  It
sets up the file<->mode association if it's not already there.

>         How have you told xemacs to use this mode to edit mutt files?
> > (add-hook 'mail-mode-hook 'axels-mail-mode-hook)

This also is outside the defun.  Blame Matt's yuckyformatter for
getting things on the wrong lines.
As far as I can tell, except for (mail-text), the elisp is pretty
straightforward and standard, and should work equally well in both GNU
Emacs and XEmacs.

Cheers,
 Allister

--