color solved; OT: emacs soft wrap?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 02:22:04PM -0200, Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel wrote:

>         Hmmm... I have
>
> (require 'font-lock)
> (setq-default font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
>
>         and font-locking works great on all modes I use (once I set the
> faces as I sent in a previous message).

gawd
!1  that was it!!! thanks.... whew, don't know why I cou;ldn't find
that myself.

ANyway...

since folks have been so helpful thus far...   Any emacs gurus out
there know if it's possible to have "soft word wrap" in text mode when
fill-mode iturned off?  I use emacs a lot for taking notes on my
ancient laptop at archives and libraries; those notes then make their
way into OpenOffice for editing into papers.  If I use auto-fill mode,
it's a pain in the butt to deal with the notes later on.  But with
auto-fill off, the display lines split at the last character, not at
the last word, which can make for difficult reading.  Anyone know if
it's possible to SOMEHOW get emacs to wrap its continued lines at
the WORD BREAK rather than at a random character?

Once htat happens, I'll be very close to emacs nirvana (well, at
leadst from the newbie perspective).
Thanks for all your help!

matt