Re: xemacs, color, mail headers....

On Fri, Nov 21 2003 at 01:20:59PM BRST, Matt Price <matt.price@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Thanks Rodrigo, I think that I haven't quite communicated the
> problem.  I've tried customizing the fonts and have had some limited
> success.  The problem isn't simply that the default fonts are a bad
> match, but that the best parts of the color schemes -- namely,
> highlighting of comments/functions/variables in programming modes, or
> of headers/quited/text/email addresses in
> mail-mode/post-mode/mutt-mode, just doesn't seem to work.

        Hmmm... I have

(require 'font-lock)
(setq-default font-lock-maximum-decoration t)

        and font-locking works great on all modes I use (once I set the
faces as I sent in a previous message).

> I should
> say that your color scheme, which I'm using right now, also doesn't
> seem to work quiteright for me -- for instance, while I get white text
> on a black background, marked text is not highlighted in any way.

        That's because that face wasn't set :)

        Try adding

 '(zmacs-region ((t (:underline t))) t)

        to the custom-set-faces definition. BTW, I know "underline" sounds
weird, but that's what gives me "inverse video" on console. Maybe the best
way would be set a conditional for "underline" if you're in console and
"reverse-video" if you're in X.

        Actually, the "bestest" (!) way would be for xemacs to get it right,
but...

        Anyway, I sent you my definition simply as a model, I know they're
not complete.

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 http://isnomore.net                          GPG KeyId: <0x0DB14978>

for dir in $(find / -type d -path "$HOME" -prune -o -print) ; do
    diff -qr $HOME $dir >/dev/null 2>&1 && exit 1
done; echo "There's no place like \$HOME!"