Re: WOT: "Correct" English

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 10:12:05AM -0800, Rob Reid wrote:
> G'day, eh,
> Sheesh.  All I did was object to the OP (inadvertantly, I think)

"inadvertently" :-P

> > and "grey" over "gray".
> That's regional?  My experience has been that grey tends to be used more for
> lighter and/or cooler shades, and gray for darker and/or warmer shades.
> For the ensuing gray/grey jihad, please try to keep it on topic by discussing
> it in terms of how it (and white and black) looks in your mutt terminal.

Grey is a man's name.  I often drink Earl Grey tea when using mutt.

Irreverently yours,
 Allister

P.S. to those who might pay for their net access by the byte or
kilobyte, this thread wouldn't even exist if you just caved in and
spelled like all us mindless USAians.

--
Allister MacLeod <amacleod@xxxxxxxx> | http://amacleod.is-a-geek.org/
 Elen síla lúmenn'omentielvo.