Re: Background mail composition

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:05:02AM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> For the record reading mail using mutt on a remote system via ssh
> works well for me as I can thus use the same copy of mutt from both
> home and work.  I know I could use IMAP but I find mutt with local
> mailboxes more confortable and easier to use.

I've actually found IMAP to work quite nicely for me.  I used to ssh
to my other box downstairs to read mail.  I suppose there are a couple
of drawbacks, the main one being that, even over a 100mbit link,
downloading the headers for a large folder (>1000 mails) can take a
nontrivial amount of time.  Also, I still haven't found a really clean
way to keep my configuration files in sync. :^)

Cheers,
 Allister