Re: Background mail composition

dossen, et al --

...and then Mads Laursen said...
%
% On 14/10/03 15.35, Chris Green wrote:
% > Not if you put an '&' at the end of the command to launc the editor.
%
% Then I would imagine that mutt would look at the temporary file it
% the mail. That leaves us with two programs, unaware of eachothers
% actions, accesing the same file (the message) at the same time.

Exactly.

%
% Or at least that's what I imagine would happen, if I cared to try it.
% AFAIK mutt assumes that when $EDITOR returns control to mutt, the
% message is ready for inclusion in the mail being composed.

Oh, there's no need to even try it; it's been discussed in great detail
many times before, so you need only check the archives.

On the other hand, I do like the idea of your other approach and would
like to see it develop some more.  I personally postpone messages when I
need to get back to the index but am not finished, but I also don't use X
or color with my mutt and people think I'm a wacko just for that :-)

%
% /dossen
% --
% Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
%                 -- Albert Einstein

HTH & Thanks for the script & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.