Re: Why does mutt sees Mailman mailboxes as empty?

Hi Rocco!

On Di, 12 Mai 2009, Rocco Rutte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> * Christian Brabandt wrote:
> > http://blog.256bit.org/archives/345-Mutt-als-Mailbox-Konvertierer.html
>
> Regarding that entry: compressed folders support is not in the mainline.

Thanks, I'll add a note. BTW: What's the reason, it is not included? I
find it incredibly useful.

> Two comments: First, mutt does more than is necessary when saving
> messages or opening folders, so a formail+procmail combination may be
> more suitable.

Yeah, but I usually do not fiddle with procmail/formail since I use
Sieve and thus it was a lot easier for me to figure that task out
using mutt than to install and configure procmail. But YMMV of course.

> To speed things up a little, you should try to use the -n
> switch and see if that speeds things up a little.

Thanks, I'll add a note.

But anyway, speed wasn't an issue for me and it just works™.

regards,
Christian
236. You start saving URL's in your digital watch.