Re: Why does mutt sees Mailman mailboxes as empty?

Hi M.!

On Sa, 09 Mai 2009, M. Fioretti wrote:

> My real interest was testing automated mbox-maildir automatic
> conversion via mutt on some sample email that I needed to analyze
> anyway, this issue was really unexpected.

I have been doing something like this using mutt. For those that
understand German I have once documented this approach here:
http://blog.256bit.org/archives/345-Mutt-als-Mailbox-Konvertierer.html

in short:
you create a simple muttrc file like this:
,----[ muttrc_convert ]-
| # Specify your target type
| # use one of
| # Maildir, MH, mbox und MMDF
| set mbox_type=Maildir
|
| # Where to store the mails
| # the path needs to exist!
| set my_archivedir="~/mutt_archive/$mbox_type"
|
| # Create new mails, without confirmation
| set confirmcreate=no
|
| # append mails without confirmation
| set confirmappend=yes
|
| # quit without confirmation
| set quit=yes
|
| folder-hook . 'push <tag-pattern>~A<enter>\
| <tag-prefix><copy-message><kill-line>\
| $my_archivedir<enter><quit>'
`----

and then start mutt like this:

mutt -F muttrc_convert -f mbox_file

This won't touch your original mbox file only read it and then store
your mails in the desired format at ~/mutt_archive as either Maildir,
MH, mbox or MMDF depending on your output format.

HTH,
Christian
234. You started college as a chemistry major, and walk out four years
     later as an Internet provider.