Re: How to let mutt always mark mbox as new if it contains new

On 2009-05-12, Rocco Rutte <pdmef@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Wu, Yue wrote:
>
> > Thank you, 'check_mbox_size' does the trick.
>
> Hmm, how is the partition with the mboxes mounted? This option only
> exists for setups where access/modification time cannot be reliably used
> to detect new mail. Filesystems can be mounted to not update atime as
> that causes disk updates but provides little to no benefit for most
> applications so many people turn atime updates off.

In my case, at work, almost everything except /tmp is NFS-mounted,
including $MAIL and $HOME.  I've been using +BUFFY_SIZE and now
'check_mbox_size' for so long that I don't remember exactly the
problem I was having without it, except that notifications of new
mail and/or mailbox statuses were not working correctly.

At home, I'm using Cygwin's mutt package and it just happens to have
+BUFFY_SIZE configured.

Regards,
Gary