Re: How to let mutt always mark mbox as new if it contains new

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 09:49:16AM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2009-05-11, "Wu, Yue" <vanopen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Say, I have many mailboxes that have many new messages, but now I have no
> > so
> > much time to see all of them, so I quickly enter mailboxes one by one,
> > then
> > just pick the message I'm got most of interested, leave the remaining
> > messges
> > for viewing them when I have time.  Serveral hours later, I have time, I
> > want
> > to see the new messages that I haven't seen last time, but now, all
> > mailboxes
> > haven't any flags, so I have to go through all of them to see if there are
> > new
> > message in them or not.
>

> If that's the behavior you want, any you're using mutt version
> 1.5.15 or newer with mbox-style mailboxes, you might try setting
> 'check_mbox_size' in your muttrc and see if that helps.

Thank you, 'check_mbox_size' does the trick. I don't know how do other mailers
handle the mbox that has new messages, but mutt is the only one that I've met
have this strange behavior like Derek said(I was and am the user of
emacs'gnus, opera's M2, even gmail's web interface hasn't this issue). Maybe
check the mbox that has messages flaged as 'N' is a more rock way?

--
Hi,
Wu, Yue