Re: saving from IMAP folder F to F deletes

=- David Young wrote on Wed 17.Dec'08 at 15:15:13 -0600 -=

> Today I have found that if I save a message M in IMAP folder F to
> the same folder F, and then I sync folder F by tapping '$', then
> message M is no longer present in F. This is different behavior
> than I expect for two reasons: saving a message should not be a
> destructive operation, no matter what the destination folder.
> Also, this behavior on IMAP folders is not consistent with the
> behavior on mbox-format folders, where saving to the same folder
> duplicates the affected message before marking it 'D'eleted---that
> is, the message is not destroyed.

I guess this is somehow related to my observation that changed
messages (like deleting partial attachments then syncing) are
considered 'deleted' and therefore aren't displayed with the sync.
BUT, they aren't actually gone.
If you change-folder to the same one, then at least over here for me
the vanished message reappears, and the way I wanted it to be:
stripped of attachments.

Check whether this has been reported already.