saving from IMAP folder F to F deletes

Today I have found that if I save a message M in IMAP folder F to
the same folder F, and then I sync folder F by tapping '$', then
message M is no longer present in F.  This is different behavior
than I expect for two reasons: saving a message should not be a
destructive operation, no matter what the destination folder.
Also, this behavior on IMAP folders is not consistent with the
behavior on mbox-format folders, where saving to the same folder
duplicates the affected message before marking it 'D'eleted---that
is, the message is not destroyed.

Two questions:

1 Is this behavior fixed in mutt version 1.4.2.3 or later?
  (I run Mutt 1.4.2.1i.)

2 If the behavior is not fixed, where can I file a PR?

Dave

dyoung@xxxxxxxxxxx      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933