Re: Recommended mail filters for use with mutt?

++ 04/04/08 10:53 +0100 - Chris G:
>That of course was the reasoning behind my original posting, I want
>the 'configuration' file to be trivially easy to add and remove lists
>from and I want it to drive my muttrc requirements as well.

The thing I am doing, for what it is worth, is to subscribe with a
separate address to every mailinglist. The RHS is a domain that is used
for this purpose only, the LHS is a list identifier. So, for example,
when subscribing to mutt-users, the address I use for the subscription
is <mutt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

This is easy to filter with procmail:

 | :0

The recipe works for all address. When subscribing to a mailinglist, I
run a small script that add the new address to my MTA configuration, as
well as to my mailbox settings in mutt - allthough the latter possibly
could be done on the run as well.

--
Rejo Zenger . <rejo@xxxxxxxxx> . 0x75FC50F3 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>