Re: Recommended mail filters for use with mutt?

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 05:03:26PM +0200, René Wilhelm wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 02:20:33PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> > I currently use a custom (perl) mail filter for delivering mailing
> > list (and other) mail to appropriate mailboxes.  I'm not a perl
>
> May post your script? I am really interested in it.
>
> > I want to do some changes and was thinking of moving to using python
> > (which I prefer), however before I expend the effort on rewriting it
> > I wondered if there are any ready made utilities around that would
> > suit.
>
> I'd really like to see this, too.
>
> > What do others here use, any recommendations that I might find useful?
>
> Have a look at maildrop, it's filter file is not _that_ simple, but
> I like it more than procmail.

I think its getting the regexps right. Otherwise its quite easy:

if (/^Sender: owner-mutt-users@mutt\.org$/)
{
  to "$HOME/Mail/IN-mutt-users/"
}

That is for maildrop obviously. :-)

If you are interested in procmail, you might find this useful:
http://pm-doc.sourceforge.net/pm-tips.html

--
Chris.
======