Re: viewing URLs (muttils or lynx?)

On Wed, Feb 20 2008, Gary Johnson wrote:

> That's what I thought, too, so I modified the w3m code to accept a
> new option, -k, that accepts a list of characters that are read at
> startup before input is read from the keyboard.  The only thing I
> ever use it for is as "-k :" in various mutt hooks.  Here's the
> "diff -c" from the 0.5.2 version of main.c to my modified version,
> if you're interested.

Thanks for your patch, Gary!
Have you already sent it to the developers of w3m?

Finally, after trying w3m as the pager for 2 days, I don't want to do
without the internal pager of mutt (much more ergonomic, for example for
jumping from message to message).
So the first step for me will be the xclip-mouse-solution and later, when I
have some more time, I'll try to patch mutt to get the desired
pine-behaviour.

> You may also want to set "Treat URL-like strings as links in all
> pages" to "Yes" under Miscellaneous Settings in w3m's Option Setting
> Panel.  Otherwise, w3m searches only the currently displayed page
> for such strings.

Indeed, I've done exactly this.

Cheers, Peter

--