viewing URLs (muttils or lynx?)

Hello,

How can I tell mutt to fire up an external browser with some URL in the
message?
urlview is not ok for me, since I want to keep the context around the
URLs. I would like to select a URL for example with the TAB-key, and some
other key-press would start "firefox url".

Perhaps with lynx, but I'm still searching for a method to start firefox
from lynx.

Perhaps with muttils, but the installation failed with:
$ python setup.py install --home=~
running install
error: must supply either home or prefix/exec-prefix -- not both

The best would be, to get this working without an external pager, just as
with pine.

Thanks in advance for any hints and ideas!
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/