Re: viewing URLs (muttils or lynx?)

On 16Feb2008 23:52, Peter Münster <pmlists@xxxxxxx> wrote:
| How can I tell mutt to fire up an external browser with some URL in the
| message?
| urlview is not ok for me, since I want to keep the context around the
| URLs. I would like to select a URL for example with the TAB-key, and some
| other key-press would start "firefox url".

This is mouse-dependent (lacking keyboard support in my terminal
emulator for selections), but what I do is this:

  - select the URL with the mouse; often a double-click-drag or a single
    triple click (or in rxvt-unicode, at least, double-click beyond the line
    ending) is precise enough

  - type Alt-H (for "href")

In FVWM I have Alt-H bound to run a script with the URL, eg:

  firefox "`xclip -o`"

It does presume you're using X11, but I imagine it could be adapted.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/