Re: viewing URLs (muttils or lynx?)

On Mon, Feb 18 2008, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> In FVWM I have Alt-H bound to run a script with the URL, eg:
>
>   firefox "`xclip -o`"

Hello Cameron,

Nice idea! And I think, that I can even make the key-binding dependent on
the window-title in fvwm. I only need to install xclip.

It's still not the very ergonomic pine-like behaviour, but I'll give it a
try.

Here are the problems that I have with the other methods:
- urlview make a list with url and the context is lost, furthermore urls
  are corrupted: "item=123" gets "item=3D123"
- w3m and lynx seem to need real html, so I need to embed every url in a
  <a></a> tag with a filter, besides they are external pagers so the nice
  coloring of quoted text gets lost

Does it make sense to fill in a feature request for cycling through urls in
the message and firing up an external browser with the currently
highlighted url?

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/