Re: viewing URLs (muttils or lynx?)

* Peter Münster <pmlists@xxxxxxx> [2008-02-17 16:47]:
> How can I tell mutt to fire up an external browser with some URL in the
> message?

I use xclip way for this as mentioned earlier in this thread
(there is also 'matcher' extension for urxvt-unicode which
lets you click links with middle mouse button)

> urlview is not ok for me, since I want to keep the context around the
> URLs. I would like to select a URL for example with the TAB-key, and some
> other key-press would start "firefox url".

This got me thinking about this:

1. pipe message through display_filter extracting and
numbering links

2. in the extracting step create macros for internal pager
which would correspond with numbered links

3. source those macros

4. pressing numbers in pager starts the browser for the link
(Not exactly TAB, but good enough I guess)

What you guys think?

[...]

Robert