Re: encrypt to self with gpgme?

Hi Alex,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 06:07:14PM +0200, Alexander Dahl wrote:
> > actually, you configure it in the gnupg config files rather than .muttrc
> > (don't ask me why). Add to gpgsm.conf a line
> >
> >   encrypt-to 0x................
>
> But doesn't that mean every encryption, regardless if in mutt or not, is
> done additionally to my key? That's a behaviour I don't want. That would
> mean e.g. every file I encrypt with gpg on command line would be
> additionally encrypted with my key.

I never understood how it comes that gpgme encrypts only FCC with my
key. Since gnupg is a crypto suite, not a mail user agent, I'd be surprised if
it has a notion of "FCC", but what do I know... I was never persistent enough
to dig through the code.

To come to my point: I simply don't know if it also affects the output of the
gpg command line interface.

> I want to use "encrypt to self" as an
> per application option. IIRC this is how Thunderbird/Enigmail works at least
> with Windows. If mutt is not able to do this, it's worth a feature request.
> Where do I have to leave such? trac.mutt.org?

I think you submit feature requests at <URL:http://dev.mutt.org/trac/>.

Regards

Christoph

--
FH Worms - University of Applied Sciences
Fachbereich Informatik / Telekommunikation